Welcome back! This school year is unprecedented, and we ask for your patience and support as we navigate remote learning together! Even though we are starting off with remote learning, we are looking forward to, hopefully, having students return to the building, with Hybrid or Traditional style classes. Until that time, students will only complete online learning engagement or paper assignments if requested by the parent.
Below we have included important information regarding remote learning here at Southwest Elementary.
Expectations for Online Learning:
1. Access online school resources regularly through Seesaw App (Seesaw Flyer attached).
2. Live lessons will be recorded and uploaded to Seesaw, which can be accessed through the Clever Portal. Although you may not log in during the live lesson, you will still have access. The videos and accompanying work will be completed through the Seesaw App.
3. Students should actively participate in either live viewings or recordings and complete all assignments for grading.
4. When attending live sessions, please have students dressed appropriately as if they were in the school building.
5. If possible, please have a designated quiet area for students to complete online work and live lessons.
6. If at any point you or your child(ren) have any questions, please reach out to us, either during live office hours or via email.
Grading (1st – 5th) Grade Students):
1. 3 graded assignments weekly in ELA.
2. 3 graded assignments weekly in Math.
3. One graded assignment weekly for Science and Social Studies.
4. Online grades will be entered in Skyward (by) every Friday.
5. Paper assignments will be entered in Skyward (by) Friday of the following week.
To join the Principal Ford’s REMIND text the words @sweagles19 to 81010. School-wide announcements will be sent.
There are several different ways in which you can communicate with your student’s teacher. Teachers’ Remind Codes and email addresses will be provided by teachers. Private messaging is an option in Seesaw as well.
This is the portal in which students will have access not only Seesaw (where all work will be posted), but a variety of other online resources. If your child is a new student, you will have to wait until their information has been entered into Skyward. Once this happens and the system refreshes overnight, they will have access to Clever.
Again, these are unprecedented circumstances in which we must navigate during the start of this school year. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! We are more than willing and happy to assist in any way we can! Even though this is all very new to us, we are looking forward to a wonderful school year! Thank you for your support!
Fabre K. Ford, Ed.D.