The mission of Southwest Elementary School is to have all students master grade level objectives, score proficient or above on the TCAP test, and advance to the next level.
Our vision is that Southwest Elementary School will continually reach Annual Measurable Objectives and meet the needs of all students. After being educated at Southwest Elementary School, students will have a solid foundation built on core academia, creative arts, and functional social skills, as well as foundational thinking and reasoning skills.
- Instructional time should be protected to ensure productive use of time.
- Instruction should be child centered and data driven.
- Assessments should be aligned with local, state, and national standards.
- Valid assessment results should be used to determine student needs and to provide timely remediation, enrichment, acceleration, and tutoring.
- All students should be challenged and motivated to do all within their capacity to realize full academic potential.
- All children can learn and act in ways that ensure success.
- All stakeholders must collaborate and be genuinely involved in the decision-making process.
- Each child will be given the opportunity to be creative and independent.
- Instruction should reflect a variety of approaches in order to meet the needs of all learners.
- Technology, manipulatives, and the arts should be incorporated into the instruction.
- Teachers will be highly qualified and excited about teaching.
- Positive relationships will be developed that will be meaningful to administrators, teachers, parents, students, and all other stakeholders.
- Good working relationships start with the school’s administration and reverberates through the school staff to the students and ultimately into the community.